I like lv

I like lv

Unread postby inhathymnlalm » Mon May 14, 2012 1:18 am

When you refuse to face the truth, you deceive yourself and live in falsehood, also known as denial.

The opposite of love isn’t hate, it’s apathy. When you hate, you’re still polarized, but when you’re apathetic you can’t even get yourself to care enough to hate, much less love.

And when you’re powerless, you can hardly muster any ability to change your life.

The more you direct your life towards Falsehood, Apathy and Powerlessness, the more you’ll regress in your life instead of improve.

The secondary principles of personal atrophy are Separation, Timidity and Submission.

When you live in denial and can’t be bothered to care, you feel separated from your life, your surroundings and other living beings.

When you’re powerlessness and apathetic, you live life timidly because you don’t believe you have the power to overcome challenges, and you lack the motivation to even try.

Living in denial and powerlessness causes you to live in submission, or passivity. Instead of being the power in your life, you allow yourself to bow down to circumstances.

The six principles of personal atrophy in their totality become foolishness. Whereas moving towards Truth, Love and Power is a more intelligent way to live your life, moving towards Falsehood, Apathy and Powerlessness is a foolish way to spend it.

Personal Development Vs. Personal Atrophy. I’m not looking to add on to Steve’s book here, I think he did a pretty good job of it already.

I offer the principles of personal atrophy as food for thought, and whereas the seven core principles of personal development are a good gauge to aim for, the seven core principles of personal atrophy can serve as warning signs to tell you where you don’t want to go.

P.S. By the way, I didn’t consult The Steve when I made this…I wonder if I nailed it. What do you think?
inhathymnlalm

Return to General - Questions, Ideas & Opinions